Simple Tips for operating a forklift safely
Here are some simple tips to follow to ensure safe forklift operation. Although these tips are fairly basic, they are a good starting point for supporting health and safety policies in the workplace.
Operating new forklifts with the latest safety features, such as speed controls, can improve operator and pedestrian safety significantly increase nearby damage while reducing damage to inventory and capital goods.
1. Operators must be qualified
- Forklift operations should only be performed by persons who are properly trained and licensed to operate the equipment.
2. Appropriate clothing should be worn.
- It should be ensured that operators wear appropriate safety work clothing; It usually consists of a helmet, safety shoes and safety vests.
- Work clothes should fit reasonably well, as loose clothing can get caught in machinery.
- Do not operate or hold any controls if your hands are oily. ; they may slide and cause an accident.
3. Inspect Equipment Before Use
- Operators should perform a routine inspection of equipment before operating it. Some things that need to be checked for errors are brakes, steering, controls, warning devices, mast and tires.
- If any damage or problems are found, management should be notified and the forklift should not be operated if repair is required.
- Always think of the 'end the ride". a charge before picking it up. A convenient position for picking up a load may not be suitable for stacking.
4. Starting the Forklift
- For safety reasons, it is important that the operator uses the steps and handholds to properly sit on the
- Before starting the forklift, it is important to ensure that all implement controls are within reach and that the position of the seat and mirrors are adjusted to suit the operator's needs.
- The driver should not start the forklift truck until he is properly seated, the seat belt is fastened and all parts of the body are safely in the driver's or forklift cab.
5 Pay attention to your surroundings
- While operating a forklift, you must be alert and follow the rules and regulations of the workplace.
- The operator should use the equipment only to the extent intended for the machine Drive because.
- Observe all signs, especially the maximum permitted floor loads and clearance heights.
- Observe the height of the load, the mast and the forklift safety device when entering or exiting buildings.
- Be careful when operating a forklift near the edge of a loading dock or dock: the forklift may fall over the edge; Keep a safe distance from the edge.
- Do not work on bridge decks unless they can support the weight of the forklift and